Firecryl FR is a one-component intumescent plastoelastic joint sealant based on acrylic dispersions.
- Resist the passage of fire and smoke
- Fire resistant up to 4 hours with PE backer rod (EN 1366 Part 4-NBN713.020- BS 476/20)
- Intumescent in contact with fire
- Swells when exposed to temperatures in excess of 120°C
- Stays elastic and can be painted over
- Colourfast and waterproof after curing
- Very good adhesion on many porous surfaces
- Can be painted over after curing
- Interior fire-resistant applications
- Fire-resistant sealing compound for cracks in concrete and plaster
- Fire-resistant connection joints in the building industry
- Fire-resistant joints with movements up to 10%.
Directions for use
Method: Apply the sealant by means of a handheld or pneumatic caulking gun. Smoothen the sealant with a filling-knife.
Application temperature: +5°C to +30°C, do not apply when rain or frost are imminent
Clean: Uncured Firecryl FR may be removed from tools with water. Cured sealant must be removed mechanically.
Finishing: with soapy water
Repair: with Firecryl FR
- Do not use in applications where continuous water immersion is possible.
- Do not apply when rain or frost is imminent
- Firecryl FR can be painted over with most paints.
- The paint should be sufficiently elastic to be applied on a plasto-elastic sealant.
- A preliminary test is recommended.
- Test Report 9297 – University of Ghent to
- NBN 713.020 – EN 1366-4
- BS 476:Part 20 – Warrington Fire Research Report
- TNO-rapport 2000-CVB-R00703